This portion of our website is dedicated to providing additional resources via links to other informative websites.
IDA has developed a section of its website to assist individuals in finding assistive technology products to meet their needs. The products are organized within categories.
The following links provide additional information and discuss various programs:
IDA Disclaimer: The International Dyslexia Association supports efforts to provide dyslexic individuals with appropriate instruction and to identify these individuals at an early age. The Association believes that multi sensory teaching and learning is the best approach currently available for those affected by dyslexia. The Association, however, does not endorse any specific program, speaker, or instructional materials, noting that there are a number of such which present the critical components of instruction as defined by the Task Force on Multi sensory Teaching which works under the guidance of the Association's Teacher Education Issues Committee.
Wonderful suggestions for the home to help children with reading & writing, especially for preschoolers:
- Early literacy ideas
- Research-based screening tool
- Frequently asked questions, including "what is developmentally appropriate?"
Informational web sites focusing on learning issues - for parents and teachers
- Great Schools - a variety of learning issues
- A parent's guide though the unfamiliar landscapes of LD - also information for Educators
- Dr. Levine's organization "All Kinds of Minds" (Dr. Mel Levine)
- LD on Line - updated monthly, check out LD in Depth for an archive of articles
- The Learning Disability Association
- NCLD The National Center for Learning Disabilities - a source of research information
- Learning Ally – Support for students, parents and teachers plus audiobooks
- The International Dyslexia Association
- IDA national website -- a source to locate branches in other areas and with other information and book store.
- Other IDA Branches
Especially for Teens
- www.ldteens.org - A site by dyslexic teens for dyslexic teens
- Scottish Rite Reading Program
- The Dyslexia Training Program
- Research information about a video tape program that can be used at home
- Project Read Reading Program
- Information about Project Read
- Adult literacy information
Especially for Parents
Especially for Adults
The Board of Directors of the So. Cal. Tri-Counties Branch is considering placing relevant sponsored ads on this page. If you are interested in more information, please contact our branch.