Stories & Testimonials
"I am dyslexic and your site has introduced me to my 15 year old lazy messy Dysgraphic son for the first time. I never thought of him as dyslexic but had never heard of dysgraphia. That’s my Jack. Thank you. I am also an Art teacher in a secondary school and have never heard any of the English teachers use this term before. They will hear of it tomorrow. I can assure you. Thanks!!" Jo Drury, Regular Education Teacher
I have a child with ADHD and Dyslexia. He has always struggled in writing! Listening to the webinar I learned a lot! Understanding who he is and how he thinks makes a difference. I use to think he was just being lazy or just didn't want to do his work. He can come up with amazing stories but can never get it on paper. After the webinar I feel more confident as a parent having the resources to help him! Thank you for putting this together and sharing all the information!
Wow! I just finished reading the newest edition of The Resource on-line. (Was I the first?) It’s beautiful—full of pertinent articles, wake-up colors, and great up-coming events! I enjoyed every word and thank those responsible for its creation.
"I am dyslexic and your site has introduced me to my 15 year old lazy messy Dysgraphic son for the first time. I never thought of him as dyslexic but had never heard of dysgraphia. That’s my Jack. Thank you. I am also an Art teacher in a secondary school and have never heard any of the English teachers use this term before. They will hear of it tomorrow. I can assure you. Thanks!!"
"I wanted to let you know that I have started using the workshop idea with the letters on popsicle sticks and the kids really enjoy spelling and being able to move. Also I have the “SLANT” strategy taped to the desks of a couple of my “zoners” so I can just tap the card and remind the student to attend. It’s so so very helpful – takes less time and verbage to get the back on task. Thanks! The IEB events are the best!"
Comments after February workshop on comprehension:
- Keep the classes coming. I truly look forward to any training you offer.
- The multiple strategies were extremely enjoyable.
- Great strategies: all of the activities are useful and I can’t wait to try them with my students.
- Andy is a great presenter and I gained new ideas for vocabulary development as well as verification of many of my current strategies.
- Your workshops are terrific for parents as well and I gained many ideas to use when doing homework with my students.
Comments after March workshop on memory:
- IEB workshops always terrific: great information, timely and very appropriate for my students.
- Thank you for such valuable information and resources.
- Great pacing, variety of inter-active and group work time gave us the opportunity to apply the new learning.
- The day move very quickly: I received many new ideas that I will use with my class.
- I enjoyed being introduced to new scientifically based learning strategies.
- I greatly appreciate the whole Inland Empire board and all those involved in educating us in the field of learning differences. The content was wonderful and I greatly enjoyed participation.
Comments after September workshop on Green Light Teaching Strategies:
- This was one of the best workshops I’ve ever attended.
- I will absolutely recommend this workshop to all teachers and administrators.
- Awesome workshop: the day went by too quickly.
- I can’t wait to come back for another workshop.
- Everything was terrific: it was informative and a fun learning experience.
Regarding the October 13, 2012 Children’s Literacy Event ---
I love the way the stories were presented to the children, the stories were great. My son learned to appreciate reading more now. Thanks.
My daughter is dyslexic and I enjoyed and valued the information and the time you spent to teach us more about dyslexia and what we can do to help my daughter. Thank you.